Dear Valued Patients,
We have been busy behind closed doors and are looking forward to seeing you again!
The health, safety, and well-being of our patients and staff are always our top priority. Business will not be the same as usual until there is a vaccine or an effective treatment for COVID-19. Until then, our office is following strict hygienic protocols and a stringent set of standards concerning interactions with our patients. These standards are meant to maintain social distancing as much as possible, decrease the amount of time we spend within six feet of each other, and limit our face-to-face time. Although the process of checking in, performing eye exams, and assisting with your eyewear will be different from pre-COVID-19 days, you will still receive our high level of service and care. In order to maximize your safety and minimize your risk of exposure to illness, we will be taking the following precautions:
- We ask all patients with symptoms of illness (that may include fever, chills/repeated shaking with chills, cough, runny nose, achiness, fatigue, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste/smell) to call and reschedule their upcoming appointment and call their primary care doctor immediately.
- We will be calling all patients before their appointment to confirm that they are not feeling ill AND have not traveled or been exposed to someone with an illness in the past 2 weeks. If patients believe they may not be completely symptom free or may have been exposed to the corona virus, their appointment will be rescheduled for at least two weeks.
- We ask patients with RED and/or WATERY_STICKY eyes to call our office for further instructions.COVID-19 can show up as conjunctivitis (pink eye), so we must be extra careful with this.
- We have reduced the frequency of appointments to minimize the number of people in the office and allow for social distancing. This will also provide us time to disinfect the office in between patients.
- Please complete your on-line history form at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. Our staff may call and review it with you.
- Please come to your appointment alone or have companions wait in the car unless you need a caregiver or guardian to assist you. Parents, we love your children, but please arrange for childcare at home if your child does not have a scheduled appointment. We request that only one parent accompany each child to his or her appointment.
- Please call us from your vehicle when you arrive to virtually check-in. We will let you know when to enter the office. This will minimize the number of people in the office at any given time. Please do not wear gloves into your appointment. Use the hand sanitizer at the front check-in desk once you are in the office.
- All patients, caregivers, and parents are required to wear a face mask (surgical or homemade such as bandana or scarf that fully covers mouth and nose) to their appointment and during their entire visit.
- An appointment is required to pick up glasses or contact lenses, including frame repairs and adjustments. Please call us in advance to schedule a time. Walk-ins are discouraged and may result in you having to wait outside until we can accommodate you.
- When trying on frames, please put the used fames in the “un-sanitized” tray. All worn frames will be sanitized before returning to the display shelves.
- All staff will wear masks. Team members will stay home if we develop symptoms of illness.
The world has changed since your last visit with us, but our commitment to your health and well-being remains constant. Thank you for your patience, cooperation, and trust during this challenging time as we work together to keep our community healthy and safe. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Yours in wellness,
Dr. Stacy Tovarek & Staff
Gig Harbor Vision Source